I created a netflix clone

 


Live Demo

Repo


Do you like watching trailers of the hottest new movies? Then do I have the website for you! The biggest blockbusters! Family programs! Romance! Action! We have it all! 

And the best part? It is all free. Come and watch all the hottest trailers right now!

So...I love watching Netflix so I had a blast trying to create a clone. This demo was created using react and vanilla CSS. This project was deceptively easy because at the end of the day, it was all about consuming a third-party API and displaying the result.

 


I used react-carousel package to create the carousel when user is flipping through the movies. It took  awhile to configure it to look like the way I wanted it to using the documentation. I also used 'react-player' package to play the trailers when the user clicks on a movie poster.

In summary, this was probably the most fun project I had the pleasure of building. The hardest part was making the website look visually attractive and user-friendly. I really like the way the site turned out and I hope you do too.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lifecycle of React components

Styled Components

e-commerce website built with React.nodejs